Wednesday 25 October 2023

Five old boys...

Apart from the title of this post being the same as a new novel I saw on the shelves, I'm meeting four old friends and colleagues from my schooldays back in the late fifties and early sixties, so we'll all be in our seventh decade and there'll be a good deal of banter about the 'good old days...

I still have copies of all the old school magazines, plus some other material which I will take along, so at least we can check up on all the outrageous claims that will undoubtedly be made after a couple of pints of Harveys Best Bitter and a nourishing chilli con carne!

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Banter, Scrobs … the stuff of life itself.

A K Haart said...

I never kept in touch with anyone from my schooldays. A pity because I miss the outrageous claims we'd certainly have made.

Scrobs. said...

It was indeed James!

Just got back after a fabulous chat - the years just slipped away, and we were all back in our desks again! Several masters got some severe 'recollections'...

I hadn't seen one chap since 1965, and he'd become a doctor, and been retired ten years!

Scrobs. said...

Some say that's not a bad thing, AK, and I read once that one avoids any OB who starts to imitate the masters...

Luckily we didn't imitate him, just decided we all didn't like him!

I heartily recommend 'The White Hart' at Catsfield near Battle - the food and bonhomie was first class, and very reasonable!