Friday 4 March 2022

End of an era and a legacy...



So the title of this erudite, incisive, extremely funny, sometimes sad blog is finally losing its connection to one of the loveliest ladies on television!

In my sadness, I can only post these two pieces from all those years ago - there may be more, but suffice it to say, the idea of trawling through all the comments and posts, is a bit too much for a Scrobs who is fifteen years older than when it all started...

http://scroblene-webley-bullock.blogspot.com/2007/

http://scroblene-webley-bullock.blogspot.com/2008/01/lilith-uncovers-origin-of-scroblene.html

I will battle on, after all, the members of the Neighbours cast are still around, but a hole has appeared in my past and I must be strong...

6 comments:

Thud said...

A few of us still standing!

A K Haart said...

I often wondered about the name. Why the show never used it for one of the main characters will always be a mystery. Making up more sounds like a great Christmas game though. Could be extended to EastEnders.

The Jannie said...

"It's the end of the world as we know it . . ."

Scrobs. said...

Thank goodness for that, Thud!

We've lost two big names in Aussie cricket too, and love 'em or hate 'em, they made the game so watchable!

Scrobs. said...

Yes, AK, the name was uncovered by Lilith all those years ago!

Her blog stopped too, but she and Elby the Berserk still comment on C@W, and very occasionally here as well!

Scrobs. said...

It really is, TheJ!

I can't change it now, as all I have to do is do a Google on the name and all my life's history comes up on screen, which is a bit scary really...