Friday 18 March 2022

Blue Peter theme by Mike Oldfield...

 


Our family grew up with Blue Peter, when it was put out years before the BBC and others started to ruin most childrens' programmes, and certainly most adult series, so it was a delight when ED told me that the original programme about the making of the new theme by Mike Oldfield, had been published!

Here it is in all its glory!

I've always admired Mike Oldfield, and over the years bought most of his music! To Scrobs he was a perfect example of doing something 'his way', and isn't the result just marvellous!



3 comments:

A K Haart said...

I knew a chap who visited the Blue Peter studio as a child. He said Christopher Trace took an interest in them and came across as a decent chap while Valerie Singleton wandered around in a dressing gown and took no notice of them.

Scrobs. said...

That's sad, AKH!

She was quite a tempestuous woman I believe, and maybe the forerunner of the noisier women we see on the awful BBC these days - that's if you ever watch the stuff!

By coincidence, I've just found a 45 RPM record of the BP theme in the roof!

E-K said...

I hated this music at the time but value it now.

There is so much in my era that I wasn't into but is on my Alexa playlist.