Tuesday 7 January 2020

The Loser of the Liebore party...

(prospective leaders queue up to be formatted)

While I have decided not to throw my 'Glencroft Countrywear' hat into the ring, again, in fact for the fifth time, I have decided to help everyone here to make their minds up about who will be the next Looser!

As a betting man, who last won a significant amount of money when 'Red Alligator'  and  'Different Class' romped home as first and third in the Grand National back in the sixties, causing several pints for me and all my chums and little change left from £4, I feel justified in looking at the odds Here.

It looks as though the marmalade millionaire will crack it, (it's quite a delicious drink too, Kir, so I hear), and the rest will have to go back to their day-'jobs', especially Ms Old-Bailey, so I need some odds from chums here, y'know, as mates like, er...fer old time's sake an' that...

What actually causes me the biggest worry, is that a contender (believed to be the little guy about seven from the end in the above pic) is a certain Miss Joan Birckow, at 979/1, quite a long way down the page on the right, where only one bookie took the bet...

Now that's what I call a long-shot!

(This post has been re-edited several times to reflect the gravity of the situation, the amount of money being poured into wagers on the race, and an almost universal disinterest from just about everyone in the UK, except the BBC and The Grauniad)!


3 comments:

A K Haart said...

I hope Diane Abbott volunteers to count the votes. That should add some fun to the betting.

Scrobs. said...

As they eventually squeak and bang to a 'decision' in April, Mr H, I'm sure she will have the answer by July!

goosegirl said...

I don't think Diane Abbot who has a mouth like a cat-flap wrongly-situated in a northerly gale would demean herself to count votes because she has just had her nails re-varnished, and I'm not even sure if she can count from one to ten without venting her splenic diatribes from what ever orifices are currently available at the time.