Sunday 4 July 2010

Kids music...



All the Girls' bits and pieces have been getting the once over recently, because YD's daught, YDED, will definitely want several things to play with when she's a bit older, so Mrs S had an enormous rummage, and subsequent washing of all the old soft toys which I'd stored in the roof; precisely for this sort of moment...

And when they visit again, I'll be making sure that at some stage, this piece of music is nearby, closely followed by this piece.

I grew up on these lyrics and tunes, and while working in the garden this morning, found I was whistling the whole theme from start to finish, including the frog bits! I absolutely love it! It can easily produce a moisturising effect to the aging eyes after just a few seconds! My lovely sister has all the old 78s from when we were young, and they are treasures.

9 comments:

rvi said...

Ah, Saturday mornings with Uncle Mac... Pass the Kleenex....

You old softie! I bet you also know the words to his Little White Duck (if not you can relearn them here . Sorry I could not find an original by Danny Kaye, but Burl is just as good.

Long live Rudolph and the Teddy Bears' Picnic too!

Thud said...

A mass lynching...things sure look ugly down your way!

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Reevers, Uncle Mac would always tell us how bad our handwriting was, you never really got any 'pop' music, and if he had to do something vaguely 'modern', he'd 'harrumph' a bit too...

But 'The Laughing Policeman' was always on his record player so it wasn't all bad! We always laughed at kids wanting classical music though; now that was prissy!

'Little white duck' (thanks for the link), was a favourite, in fact I was humming the tune a few days ago while walking round Marshal's Lake just a few miles from here...

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Thudders, I sincerely hope the jet-lag has subsided, and your seven day weeks are paying dividends. (I really admire that, and you justly deserve to work that system and reap the benefits), and yes, the toys' ears were getting a severe pegging that day...

...Snoopy, et al that is...

Electro-Kevin said...

Postman Pat is a great tune - so good that I learned to play it solo.

You can't fob small children off with pap. They have taste until about 12 and then get it back at about 53.

Electro-Kevin said...

I have Teddy Bear's Picnic on my list.

rvi said...

The wv here is "foopu" - which is exactly what I thought when I came here for a read, only to discover that the first 2 comments had been vapourised.


{wanders off humming "I'm a troll rolly roll, I'm a troll rolly roll and I'll eat you for supper}.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

You make a very good point Elecs.

Mrs S taught kndergarten for years until only recently.

She always said that the kids which were easily balanced were the ones with whom she could sit down with while they both coloured, made things etc, but all the time they'd hum, sing and generally make a quiet noise continuously.

The kids used to love it.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

I think Blogger has been having a bad valve day Reevers. I noticed it said 3 comments at one stage, when there were four...

As fas as I can see, you were first, and you're still there now!