Sunday 28 April 2024

Memories of Idle...

 


Many years ago, these sparse pages were graced by a true friend and colleague, known to everyone as 'Idle'!

He commented regularly here, as well as on other more worthy sites, and in fact, we sometimes conversed in a private capacity, and I liked his company, and enjoyed the banter!

For no reason other than that I wish to remain sane and well away from the realms of dementia, or worse, I suddenly recalled an immortal saying that he printed here somewhere, which related to the subject of a gentleman breaking wind...

"Keep on shouting Colonel, we'll be sending a rope down shortly..."!

I still giggle uncontrollably at that magnificent statement!

8 comments:

A K Haart said...

Ha ha - I'll remember that one.

James Higham said...

Not Eric then?

Doonhamer said...

More tea vicar?

Scrobs. said...

It just makes the day happier, AK!

Scrobs. said...

No, not Eric, but I can imagine him saying it, and that would be the icing on the cake, James!

Scrobs. said...

Nice one, DH!

My dad used to say, 'Wherever you be, let your wind run free; in church or chapel, let it rattle'!

Dads often came out with gems like that...

Thud said...

I did like Idle.

Scrobs. said...

He was a great asset to the blogosphere Thud!

I miss Tuscan Tony as well, as he always made a comment here!