Friday 12 April 2024

Lighting up time...

 


I know I vowed to keep the dear old Golf forever, in fact I even mentioned it here only late last year, but one or two MOT niggles appeared unannounced, and both of us also discovered that we were finding it more difficult to get in and out, the old chap being so low to the ground, so we went for something a bit higher!

The other day, I had to drive during dusk, and while idly waiting in traffic, I sat and stared at all the lights and function attributes in new Tiguan car...

After a bit of disbelief, I counted over seventy small lights, and that was including the speedometer and rev counter as only one light each!

Having recovered, I fondly remembered out old Fiat 500 c1965 - CDY 538C - which had three interior lights including the speedometer, and four if you were lucky at night...



3 comments:

A K Haart said...

Our car is like that, more little lights than a Christmas tree. How would we know if one is missing because a titchy little LED failed? Can't keep counting them.

James Higham said...

Tiguan? Who made up that name?

Scrobs. said...

James, I can help you there...

From their website - and I didn't know either!

"You may be wondering how, exactly, Volkswagen came to choose the name “Tiguan” for this compact SUV model.

The Volkswagen Tiguan name is a combination of the German words for “tiger” (Tiger) and “iguana” (Leguan). How is Tiguan pronounced? This combination of German words is pronounced “TEE-gwan”."

So now you, AKH and I know!