Sunday 3 February 2008

An apology...

The previous post on this site was probably the most boring I’ve ever seen, let alone written.

If it wasn’t for the welcome comments of Relucs, Hats, Daisers, Dennis and Lils, the whole issue would have been seen as less interesting than a hastily prepared draft for page 93a of an MP’s pathetic excuses for employing one’s three-legged dog’s sister's cousin as a part-time chauffeur and ‘diary secretary’. (Why do ‘important’ people need a ‘diary secretary'; can’t they write - or read - simple words like , ‘Mr Jones, 3.30pm’)?

The real reason for my utter despair is as below...

“Brian Ashton lost for words as England implode.”

When headlines like these are the norm today, I would like to ‘park’ the travel post and concentrate on the issues of life after my visit to Twickenham yesterday.

I like Welsh people much more today; they celebrated their well-deserved win with euphoric good heart and I walked back to the station with not a single regret - except that I would have allowed that try in the corner...

9 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

THIS is the most boring post ... EVER.

;-)

lilith said...

Kick back and check out Dirt Farmer, Levon Helm :-)

Jane Llewellyn said...

Well, you've elicited a chuckle across the pond:-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think the other post was boring. Perhaps that says something about me???

I couldn't watch the match properly - I just peeped out from behind my hands. My sons were all Made in Wales, so they were supporting The Other Side - or at least they sat on the fence until the end when they were overwhelmed by Welshnosity.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Elecs, Yer right of course...boredom is setting in here...I'm bereft of fantasy at the moment...

Lilith; I wasn't allowed to listen to Dirt Farmer 'cos I don't live in America! That gave the game away didn't it! Now you know who I am...

Laders, The pond is but a puddle when you visit - always welcome, and thank you for saying it was funny; see Lil's reply here, do you know Dirt Farmer?

Killems; yeah...it was a problem watching the second half, but I loved the change in crowd admiration for the Welsh side, the guys behind me were big hearted, and so were we in recognition of a great win. As some stranger said to me on the train home, there were lots of hand shakes going on and cameraderie was fantastic; and so it was...!

Relucs; you are never boring; I was the bloke sitting here thinking of deadpan stuff - not you! You kindly called in!

Daisy said...

i actually enjoy reading your posts...is that bad? it's hands over fist better than the news at the moment...reporting on a van who swerved to miss a deer and hit a house...took out two rooms...stupid stupid stupid...the deer could have been dinner!

lilith said...

I have a feeling you need that album Scrobs. Email me? (see profile)

lilith said...

Scrobs, Levon's daughter sings exquisite harmonies....

It's quite extraordinary, he's gone back to his roots (Tennessee). He is singing his heart out, having lost his voice and recovered it (throat cancer).

Chris said...

Er, - who's Brian Ashton? Why would going to Twickenham make you dislike the Welsh? (Twickenham hadn't been beamed over to Wales last time I looked). Oh, I know, it's rugby, isn't it? Mmmmm...zzzzzz

Sorry, Scroblene, don't really mean it. Just pop over to my place where you may find something to your advantage.