Tuesday 31 May 2022

Measure for measure...

 


Scrrobs has chatted about pounds and ounces several times now, and the revelation that we might be able to revert to Imperial measures is a great idea!

For years, there's been a whole building-full of government employees and their under-managers, managers, secretaries, cleaners, tea-ladies, light-bulb-changers etc., 'working' away at continuing the dreaded metric system of measurement under the dead hand of some plonker in Brussels, the identification of which I still cannot equate to (or is it with?),!

At last, Joe Public will be able to see how the supermarkets are ripping everyone off with their confusion on vegetables, like so much a kilo, 'each' or still in pounds and ounces!

I for one will cheer the day of reckoning from the rooftops!

And my pint of Shep's 'Old Grumbler' (7.6%) really will become a pint again!

2 comments:

A K Haart said...

Grams were always too small for weights of food, pounds and ounces being much better suited to the amounts we actually eat. When we go out for a walk I might measure the distance in furlongs to make it seem further.

Scrobs. said...

My old allotment was ten rods, and I still struggle with that particular sort of size...

However, all the beds were 8' x 4', and I knew exactly what was going in and where and when...

Had it been in metric, I'd have died from starvation!