Thursday 28 April 2022

Get yer Cuban 'eels 'ere...

 



Just the other day, the wireless in the car sounded out some spectacular drumming by Bill Bruford, who is one of the best drummers, even the best, I've ever heard! His drums with the main band members of Yes is just fabulous, and I could listen to his playing all day!

Looking at the clip above, one wonders what some of the kids actually thought drumming was way back then, it was a bit 'thick'!

Sandy Nelson's 'Let there be drums' started it all off for Scrobs...


But Tony Meehan's 'See you in my drums' was a classic which I still love...


I won a radio prize for 'knowing ' that solo once, mainly because I spent most nights in 1962 hearing it from the record player downstairs at school...

And I never had a pair of Cuban heels!







6 comments:

Doonhamer said...

I wonder if Micron wears Cuban heels.
With extra thick insoles.

The Jannie said...

I always laughed at Dave Clark's drumming. He seemed to be stuck in one pose, one style, one time, one movement, one everything. . .

Scrobs. said...

Ha ha ha, DH! Sarkozy did, and most small people in France do I suspect!

Scrobs. said...

It was appallingly bad, The J, wasn't it!

Yeah, the kids thought it was 'cool' just to bash the same bit of drum with no variation, and thump the floor all the time, but then they leaned head-banging, and became even more stupid!

A K Haart said...

I bought a pair of Cuban heels but only wore them a few times. They just felt ridiculous. Flared jeans in what was supposed to be a crushed strawberry colour felt far more sensible.

Scrobs. said...

Flared jeans and 'hipsters', AK!

They never fitted, just 'sort of' hung and were measured as 3" or 4" etc - the distance between the belt and the crutch...

Bloody uncomfortable too!

My pair had my dad's old army belt from his army Sam Browne! Still uncomfortable...