Wednesday 26 August 2020

When does one use a capital letter...

Sometimes, I just cannot believe what I'm reading!

Apparently, 'full stops' are a sign of 'aggression' in a written message, and snowflakes are feeling hurt when they see one!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1326712/full-stop-punctuation-snowflakes

I suppose the antidote is to bawl all the words to 'Rule Britannia', including as many full stops as possible, and think of England!

(A 'full stop' is nothing to do with a 'glottal stop', so beloved by wokes and sjws on the awful BBC)...



4 comments:

A K Haart said...

I bet spelin fings rite is a form of agresshon two. Knot only ful stopps. AND Crapital Letters.

Goosegirl said...

Gawd and Bennitt!! Since when did teenagers think they had the right to dictate how we more educated ones should construct a sentence? What's so aggressive about a full stop? As for the use of capital letters - der? Perhaps it's too much trouble for them to change from lower case and put a full stop into their texts because they've got better things to use their so-called valuable time (???)and as for the sad adults who go along with it, they want a good slap and a large dose of reality enematically pumped up their colon to get rid of the rubbish that comes out of their mouths! As AKH says (see, as he's important I used capitals but not full stops between the letters because he's not an acronym) incorrect spelling and the wrong use of the apostrophe is the thing that aggravates me!

Scrobs. said...

Ha ha ha, Mr H! Molesworth to the fore - eh?

Scrobs. said...

Too right, GG!

As I've hardly ever texted anyone, (my mobile is too small for my bunches of bananas), I've never understood the acronyms either!

Of course, I blame the BBC - they're the font of a lot of failings these days!