Wednesday 3 April 2019

Mr H. hits the spot...

Our good friend and colleague, Mr A.K.Haart makes a very good post today, which is well worth recording as an insight into the way normal people think and act.

My dad was never a politician, but he worked his damnedest to make things happen in local government with no 'political party affiliation', and, being well-supported by his company (Guinness), the deal worked both ways. They provided lots of employment locally, the councils had the benefit of international experience. Dad co-ordinated much of this back in the sixties, and even now, I am still so proud of what he did, although back then it was, for me, just fags, bitter beer and rugger etc...

These days, we see such awful spenders of taxes, with very little talent except for shouting, and achieving very little, while getting paid for it. With a dreadful BBC, bent on leftyism at its core, there is no hope of the real voice of Brits to show their feelings, but, through little blogs like Scrobs', there's always a chance of hope.

I rarely get publically involved in 'political' arguments, I just laugh them all off, but Mr H has hit it on the head! His final comment is one of optimism, which is what Brits 'do', they never lay back and enjoy it, like they could - they fight...

Nice one Mr H!

https://akhaart.blogspot.com/2019/04/parliament-stripped-naked.html

4 comments:

A K Haart said...

Thanks for those kind words, I feel as if I've just had a big hug from Gloriette. Not the hug where she forgets to put down her beer glass of course, they can be a little painful.

goosegirl said...

Watching what's going on, it kind of reminds me of the sinking of the Titanic. It was a supposedly un-sinkable ship carrying various representatives of the local populace. The posh furnishings (including work by the famous Gillow's firm) and other items must have cost a fortune, so no expense spared there. Just trust in us and all will be well when we cross over the sea. Why certain members of the government didn't go to Specsavers I don't know, but the stumbling block of the forthcoming iceberg should have been well-anticipated and contingency plans finalised beforehand. Instead we're seeing what trust we had in our leaders slowly sinking beneath the Plimsoll Line because it seems no-one is capable of actually getting together to share the burden, so they just pile more and more on to an already doomed wreck whilst their orchestra keeps on playing the same old song. Even though the Brits have no life-boats as such they still have hearts of oak that will outlast whatever comes their way.

Thud said...

I just feel beaten down and I'm just concentrating on doing what I can to make life for family and friends as best as possible with the ever present thoughts of doing a bunk hovering in the back of my mind.

Scrobs. said...

Sorry about the dearth of posts...


Somehow, Chrome won't let me access my Blogger account, so I can't do anything at the moment!

Mr H, you are very welcome, and expect round two with Gloriette when you least expect it - I do...

Goosey, you're so right, this is a superb likeness!

Thud; hang in there, at least there'll be some fun and games when the Brexit Party gets moving!

And Pips!

Again, I can't get into my blog editor at the moment, otherwise we'd have been chatting on that post as well!

Normal service will be resumed a.s.a.p.