Wednesday 24 February 2010

Return from "Rabbit proof fence"...



For some time I've had the full music version of the movie, but have never seen the film itself, partly because there's one particular piece which moves me so much, I have to confess that watching the tale unfold might be a little too much for the old emotions.

But this story was on the box the other night, and I stayed up and was totally immersed! What a stunning yarn, never mawkish, mainly factual (probably, with licence), but how on earth the authorities got away with it I'll never know. It beggers belief that several of my friends went over in the sixties, and this was going on even then!

Just for the record, this is the piece which always reverberates...

6 comments:

Philipa said...

Thanks, Scrobs, I'll watch it now but have to say I avoided it for the same reasons you described.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

It's well worth a look Pips, I'm glad I did!

lilith said...

Elby says its a good film. I have missed so many. I'll try and see this one.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Go for it Lils, Your past may be a catalyst - My Uncle tried to live where you started, but came home in 1953...

I sometimes wish I/we'd gone there, and YD has, and was struck by the greatness.

Australia is a different place, and I could cope now, but maybe not in the sixties.

lilith said...

I think Australia may be overrated Scrobbers, but Elby loved it.

The weirdest thing I found was that the genders don't mingle when they go out to a pub. All the blokes hang out together and all the Sheilas only seem to be there to drive the blokes home. I thought "OMG this country is full of gay men!" when I visited but no, they are not gay, the blokes just love each other more than their wives and girlfriends :-)

Philipa said...

"the genders don't mingle when they go out to a pub. All the blokes hang out together and all the Sheilas only seem to be there to drive the blokes home."

Sounds like where I live.

It's no surprise I'm single.