Tuesday 3 May 2016

Trumpet recall...

When the film 'Genevieve' came out in the 1950s, there were lots of discussions on whether Kay Kendall actually played the trumpet solo in the night club scene.


My dad always told anyone who would listen, that she did in fact play the trumpet, and he would fight anyone who would disagree!

I've always believed that she could - and did play, but a little research while waiting for tincture time has shown that in fact she was miming to a Kenny Baker track!

Another myth dispelled!

But wasn't it all a fabulous film! I can watch it over again, and still come back to life with a big grin!


7 comments:

rvi said...

Great playing, but from her fingering you could see she was not actually playing it. Louis Armstrong can rest in peace...

A K Haart said...

I never believed she was playing it, too histrionic to be real. She and Kenny Baker were both born in Withernsea.

Electro-Kevin said...

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/School-salutes-medical-success/story-29179497-detail/story.html

Sam's my boy !

Scrobs. said...

I'm devastated to know that - after all these years Reevers!

Scrobs. said...

Looking at the clip again, Mr H, I have to agree with you, but what a dilemma after nearly sixty years...

Scrobs. said...

Now Elecs, this is such good news!

Congratulations to your fine son, and as we've all watched his progress - and his brother's, all these years, you deserve to be a proud couple you two!

If you'd like to do a post on them on their own, you only have to ask, I think you know my email address! If not, let me know here.

Electro-Kevin said...

Thank you very much, Michael.

Yes. I'd like to do that but perhaps after the results are in, I don't want to hex anything.

I don't have your email. Mine is kevinjpeat@btinternet.com

Take care

Kevo.