Saturday 18 February 2012

Crosby, Stills and Mrs Nose-Poultice...


I'm selling off my old vinyl collection because we got rid of the music system years ago! 'Scrobay' does a good job in knocking out things like this, and you can sell almost anything if you have a mind to.

While wondering what was on each disc, I just stumbled on this track, which is an absolute favourite!

Carry on

Great remix, and with a fabulous guitar riff by Stephen Stills, (at about 2.30) and some nifty attack, flanging, reverb, and delay at one point... (Scrobs knows all the right terms, but not necessarily in the right order...)!

(I knew you wouldn't believe me on the title...), but it works every time you have a trio to refer to, like Morcambe and Wise (that's a duo - Ed), Laurel and Hardy (another duo, twit - Ed), Brown Balls and Cooper (I'm spiking that last term, they're unwanted on voyage - Ed), but you get the picture I'm sure...

9 comments:

Philipa said...

Loved that. Have to say I don't remember hearing that before - thanks, Scrobs. CSN&Y featured quite heavily in a past life. Four Way Street is my fave album although 'A Man Needs a Maid' is prob my fave Neil Young.

Philipa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philipa said...

Hey Scrobs, I'll see your CSN&Y and raise you a Magic Sam (about 3 mins in, although it's all good IMHO) any woman watching that couldn't be disappointed with the way he strokes and plucks those strings.

rvi said...

Ah, the music of yesteryear. We were very lucky living through the age of great bands wherever you looked. Unlike today's "music" which seems to be dominated by unintelligible rap nonsense or screamy-shouty women straining their vocal chords at top volume to reach and sustain a high E.

We have a local flea market which appears every weekend and recently had a clear out of some of the old unwanted vynil platters (we still have the facility to play vynil, cassette tapes and CDs). Bloke from one of the stalls came round, chose what he wanted, gave us a handful of notes and took the discs away. Very simple.

Now, I must get back to my Ella, Bix Beiderbeck, Artie Shaw, and the rest of those great bands from the 20s, 30s, and 40s.

G'bye now (remember that? If not Google is your friend, as they say).

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

I always wanted 'Four Way Street' Pips, and even now, can remember hearing a superb track in a record shop in Ashford, and asking the shop lady if it was CS and Y.

She said it was, but I never could afford it, (double album), and what's worse, I never found out what track she was playing!

I promise you, there was a guitar riff going on, very slowly, and since then (late seventies), I've made up all sorts of tunes in this old grey head, just based on those few guitar notes...

When I'm famous, and have a recording studio built onto the garage, I'll do the big thing and write the whole blasted song...

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

That Magic Sam track is fantastic Pips!

Must tell BP, as he understands this sort of stuff better than me!

Thanks for the tip-off!

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

I've just sold about thirty old 78records Reevers.

Chap drove down from Braintree (two hours), because he liked Ray Fox, and was taking the granchildren to Bluewater for the day...

The ones I'm selling are real old faves, but they'll never get played again, and anyway, they're all on Youtube!

Electro-Kevin said...

I like a bit of flange on my axe.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Quite understandable Elecs, especially for a big man like y'are...

I've just chucked out the instructions of the first Midi PC set up we ever had (1994). It was rather a poignant moment!