Bit of a big time here – too much to happen in just two weeks...
· First tomatoes through
· First cucumbers up and running
· Mrs S’s sister over from Richmond, Virginia for the celebrations
· Chance of the biggest hotel site we are chasing for development becoming reality – last bit of work before I pack up the company mouse.
· Finding that I may be able to record my favourite tapes to PC – then Ipod with ‘Kristal’ software
· Having to wake up last Sunday knowing that JRT would be going to kennels that afternoon
· Driving home from kennels – empty this bit...
· Finding suitcases in attic – some still had the old Italian labels...
· Waking hellish early for huge day on Monday
· Getting downstairs for life-saving tea with no JRT to check out and cuddle
· Arriving at hotel in snow storm to find Younger Daught has champagne and sandwiches for us – all in our room – and also the very same operations room from where we’ll go to the ceremony. Poor Elder Daught in agony from bad back
· New suit and boots
· Being told by staff that the wedding will be done like this...!!!
· Faure’s ‘Pavane’
· ‘Who gives this woman etc etc...’ ?
· I do
· Marvellous ceremony; Younger Daught looks stunning, and so does Mrs S!
· Give Younger Daught away
· Son-in-Law a smashing bloke – love him to bits!
· Champagne and sunshine
· Wedding breakfast – fantastic food, wine, company, friends, chat, ...
· Father of Bride speech which had been muttered on computer for a month...
· Celidh; and now I know the steps to ‘Strip the willow’ after all these years
· Big disco and learning the words with a new Irish chum to “Aaaaargh worghhhh eeeeergh boooomph...”
· Seeing several of her oldest chums all together – last time was when she was at school...
· Actually, enjoying a damn good dance with her University flatmate as well...
· Two hours sleep
· Younger Daught’s Birthday the next day!
· They’re off to The Carribean
· We pick up JRT – huge waggy welcome
· Trying to get back to normality
· Morose at piece of music to go on PC – ‘Salva Me’, and ‘Philadelphia’ by Neil Young
· Mrs S’s sister returns home
· Back to the future...