Tuesday 28 June 2022

Robbery assault and battery...



I don't know why, but this track seems to occur every time I get into the shed for some serious 'work'...

I have a tape player Sellotaped to the ceiling, and my collection of favourite music is stored in an old briefcase nearby. This song is still a firm favourite after all these years - Elder Daught bought it for me for Christmas ages ago!

Although there's some confusion as to who played what in the final takes, Bill Bruford and Chester Thompson were still in the arena, and Phil Collins was helping out as well, but his singing was magical!

I love the synthesizer break from 4.10, and wonder if Steve Hacket really did contribute as much, or maybe was sounded out, but he certainly does cut the mustard these days - my doctor saw him a few months ago, and he was just fabulous!

A 'Trick of the Tail' is still a seminal album and deserves a listen from start to finish!





6 comments:

Bill Sticker said...

Squonk and Trick of the Tail are two of my favourites, but then there's Mad man Moon, Dance on a volcano and Entangled....

"He's leaving by the roof, the bastards got away..."

Scrobs. said...

'Entangled' is a fabulous track, Bill, but I love them all really!

Have you ever seen this piece by Rick Beato, on 'Dance on a volcano'? Absolutely fascinating!

https://youtu.be/JOtw3ZYREhA

Thud said...

Given my musical preferences I do find myself surprised that 'trick' always pleases me on the odd occasion I hear a track....Squonk in particular.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Funnily enough, I didn't like Squonk for some time, but it somehow became a favourite too...

Have you seen the Rick Beato clip above? Its fascinating!

Thud said...

Rick Beato is a smart guy, my girls watch him all the time.

Scrobs. said...

He's a good musician too, and knows his stuff!

Seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_OamX-PA8&ab_channel=PremierGuitar

Quite a lot of tech there...