Monday 11 April 2022

Salva me...

 


The series 'Shadow of the noose', was a TV series about a barrister, Sir Edward Marshall Hall, and was broadcast in the late nineteen-eighties!

The series was pretty good and dealt with some incredible cases, but the highlight of it all was the theme song, composed by Duncan Browne and sung by Isobel Buchanan. I just love this piece, which is full of the solemn grandeur of the courtroom, and contains so many musical nuances, which some musician might understand - I'm not qualified to, but it is one of my favourite pieces of all time and I adore it!

4 comments:

A K Haart said...

The shadow of the noose might give modern criminals something to think about.

James Higham said...

That's pretty heavy stuff, Scrobs. Fitting today.

Scrobs. said...

AK, I couldn't agree more!

Scrobs. said...

It is, James, and full of fifths, sevenths etc., most of which bring real gravitas to some lovely music!

(This is where I fall down, as I'm not really sure what makes these notes so seriously evocative)!