Friday 30 July 2021

Well, well, well - part 2...




Well, the well cover manufacture and fitting and fixing went well! The owner of said well was well-pleased, and his neighbour, who used to be supplied by the well, took a well-arranged picture (slightly wellered to the right), of a filthy, disorientated Scrobs, in well-worn trousers and in a well-deserved relaxed attitude after lying on the wet grass, trying to fix the well-sawn decking to the well-surrounds, which were well-rotted...

I did the whole job without having to look down inside at all, by changing each rotted board for a new one, and working across in stages! I was absolutely knackered the first day, and it took several tinctures to let me enjoy life again! Yesterday was easier, such that we decided to re-cover a rotten table top with the spare boards and offcuts, so I have a well-happy friend and his wife!

 

6 comments:

A K Haart said...

Well I'm not well up on well repairs but well done for a job done well.

Scrobs. said...

This is well-liked to have a pleasant response, AKH, thank you!

Truthfully, I have to say that in future, I really have to consider whether I can cope with the more difficult jobs any more. This one was a mental and physical challenge, and Senora O'Blene has requested, in a serious voice, that I begin to realise that I am not a spring chicken any more...

When the serious voice of Senora O'Blene ventures forth, one really does take notice!

(When we were younger of course, the voice had different connotations..;0)

Thud said...

Its a great feeling...being on the tools! well done.

Scrobs. said...

Too right, Thud, and thank you!

BTW, I broke my electric drill on the first day, and my electric saw on the second...:0(

They were both getting on and well-used, so it's off to BandQ on Monday, but while I'd like a Makita super-bastard replacement, it'll probably be a Black and Decker set...

Thud said...

The budget lines on screwfix such as erbauer are pretty good.

Scrobs. said...

Thanks Thud, I have a good Screwfix in T.Wells, but ended up in B and Q for a 'deal'!

Now having four drills, all in various measures of decay, I'll need a spreadsheet for each job I do!

The first one (come winter), is to renovate my guitars, and maybe make the EK bass a fretless item...