Tuesday 18 May 2021

Incident at Cow Palace...



Keith Moon passed out on stage here, and Pete Townshend asked the crowd if there was a drummer in the house!

Step up Scot Halpin - the rest is history!

Scrobs has known a few drummers in the past, Nick Monnas was a great guy who always considered that drumsticks had to be held in a certain way, and this is certainly the case with Gene Krupa for another one!

The last time I ever took up the sticks was around 1966, at a barn-dance near Rye, so that's well-remembered isn't it!



5 comments:

MrMC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrobs. said...

To right, MC!

My doctor is actually a drummer in various local bands, and gets to see all the pomp rock concerts he can - he was at one I went to in 1992...

Thud said...

You played drums? you are better than me then.

Scrobs. said...

Not really, Thud, I could handle the sticks OK, but at that particular session, we were all having a go - a good friend was doing the bass drum pedal - I just hammered the snare with a few swipes at the big cymbal...

(I've now broken my electric guitar and bass guitar controls - they seized up, and one day, I'm going to replace them via Ebay, and use an Ipad to listen via a splitter)!

MrMC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.