Sunday 1 October 2017

Reasons to be cheerful...

Aided and abetted by the fabulous Ian Dury, there's a good feeling in 'The Turrets'!

It's all to do with going at least a month, probably longer, without watching anything on the BBC!

Last evening was the first foray into the living room for months, and a warm log fire and a DVD was the true way to welcome Autumn, but the TV button hasn't strayed to any biased 'news'. or any 'sleb' trashy stuff for ages! We both feel just great for the easy life without the awful groaning biased leftie rubbish churned out from W1A!

I have to admit, that if I just can't sleep, I'll don the earphones and try a few stations, and Radio 5 Live still does the same dreary old rubbish, and I get to sleep soon afterwards, as - except for Dotun Adebayo - the others are just dull, uninteresting and plain boring, especially Rhod Sharpe!

I know I shouldn't pay for all this, but being an upstanding citizen, (and the television can easily be seen from a window), I'll grin and bear it...

9 comments:

A K Haart said...

For some reason we pay for the BBC too, yet I can't remember the last time we watched it.

Thud said...

scrobs, me too, for first time in my life I dropped the habit of watching six o'clock news a few weeks back and I do feel the better for it. playing the countless tunes available through amazon echo and reading Shelby footes history of the American civil war suffices at present.

rvi said...

Living in the far beyond I have no need to pay for the always unwatched BBC. Regrettably however, it is included with my local satellite tv subscription as part of the "news" package along with Sky (viewed mainly for the sport) and CNN (also unwatched!).

At our age, Scrobs, what remains of life is far too short to waste on what emanates from gloomy anti-British Grauniad Central.

Electro-Kevin said...

I loathe the BBC but Boss Girl watches it.

So I've bought myself an electronics kit so I have a non-smelly, quiet-ish hobby I can do while sitting beside her.

She doesn't know that I aspire to build a television jammer with it.

Scrobs. said...

Neither can we actually, Mr H.

Scrobs. said...

Thud, the reading list has blossomed considerably, and is even longer now the evenings are drawing in.

Any music I want is through Youtube nowadays.

Scrobs. said...

Reevers, "anti-British Grauniad Central."

Marvellous!

I think I've already mentioned that the best site for moaning about the BBC is here https://biasedbbc.org/

You may even recognise the odd poster...

Scrobs. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrobs. said...

Great idea Elecs!

Can you make one for mobile phones as well please?