Saturday, 10 October 2026

Beating diesel prices...

 


Some years ago, we had a diesel VW Golf, which was a fabulous car, but had far too many bells and whistles for me to understand...

I have a great local garage, which looks after everything motorised - and also costs me a few more splonders for the privilege, but the MD is a good chap, well-respected, and I like his business-like attitude. He'll often do small jobs on the car, and just mention that he'll 'put a tenner on the next service'!

I'm now blessing the day that he rang me up and suggested that the diesel Golf should really go, and be replaced with a petrol one, which we did!

At well over £2.00 a litre for the diesel, for once, everyone is a winner...





2 comments:

A K Haart said...

We'll stick with our trusty old diesel for now, we don't drive as much as we used to but it has become quite enjoyable driving a car the government doesn't like.

Scrobs. said...

Is that your MX5 AK? A lovely friend had a special number for hers, which is something like MX05 555 or similar! She's saved the number, but sold the car... It'll give her enough money for Christmas no doubt!

My Diesel Golf was indeed a great car, but I was swayed by press announcements regarding how long they would be allowed on the roads! The petrol Golf we bought, wasn't much more than an entry-level car, but I just loved it for its simplicity and tiny engine! We just found we couldn't get in and out after a couple of years...